May 3, 2013

James!

I do not have much to tell or spell or say or anything. It's 1:16 and I am still awake. Five years have passed and I continue to think everyone around me is completely insane.

We could talk about my obsession with James Baldwin?


I had just finished reading his play, Blues for Mr.Charlie, well, not completely finished because I still had to read Authors Notes...
The notes were a perfect reflection of individuality VS. society and how many people simply close their eyes to the idea. Was it their choice to close their eyes? Is society so messed up that why even open them? I'm lost here too. It's sad because it is such a beautiful world, is it possible we poisoned it?

James Baldwin looked at adults as teachers and children as listeners, but he knew those children would become teachers and that very reason made it so important to LISTEN and LEARN from them.

WE ARE TEACHERS, THINK ABOUT IT

I'm a junior in High School and have made plenty of mistakes. These mistakes are classic High School mistakes yet it makes no sense to me that we call them mistakes and they have been repeated by many students!

WHY DO WE NOT WANT TO LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES?
WHY DO WE CHOICE TO CONTINUE MAKING MISTAKES?

WE KNOW THEY ARE WRONG
IS IT A SELFISH ACT?


ENJOY SOME JAMES BALDWIN QUOTES

Hatred, which could destroy so much, never failed to destroy the man who hated, and this was an immutable law.
James A. Baldwin 



When a man asks himself what is meant by action he proves that he isn't a man of action. Action is a lack of balance. In order to act you must be somewhat insane. A reasonably sensible man is satisfied with thinking.
James A. Baldwin 


People can cry much easier than they can change.
James A. Baldwin 


Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.
James A. Baldwin

People pay for what they do, and still more for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it very simply; by the lives they lead.
James A. Baldwin 





Well, now it is two in the morning. I have chatted about three of my ex-boyfriends, they responded... I blogged, I sang, I cried for 20 minutes. Now, I think I'm ready to go to bed. 


bye

No comments:

Post a Comment